|September 12, 2012 - October 04, 2012|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Disability and Life Insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Branch Grove City|
Are you looking to join a team where you are valued for your contribution?
Then come be a part of Telhio Credit Union, a strong and stable company since 1934.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to fill a Full-Time position as a Lending Consultant.
Responsible for servicing the needs of the members for all products and services through in-bound calls which includes looking for sales opportunities when reviewing credit applications for underwriting decisions. This candidate will provide administrative support to the team through call backs and clerical duties. A complete understanding of all accounts and services as well as strong member service skills are essential. Acting as a one-stop information source, the Lending Consultant's primary focus is to interview members for all consumer and mortgage equity loan requests and assist the member in resolving loan-related problems.
We are looking for team members who will thrive in an environment where individuals are encouraged to be self-starters, but also to work in collaboration with team members.
Telhio offers highly competitive pay based on applicants experience. However, pay is just one component of our benefits package, which is second-to-none! We provide Health, Dental, Vision Disability, & Life insurance, complemented by free gym memberships for employees enrolled in our Health insurance. Our generous schedule for paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time allow you the flexibility you need to maintain work-life balance; and we also offer employee training and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Telhio Credit Union is a strong, secure financial institution, serving Franklin County and the surrounding communities since 1934. We provide a full-range of banking services for our 48,000 members, and membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Franklin County. Telhio Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.
|Duties:||1. Reviews loan applications through the in-bound calls, submitting them for underwriting and following up with member with results.|
2. Prepares or submits loan papers for closing preparation of consumer loans. Contacts other institutions to verify payoff balances and addresses.
3. Maintains a strong knowledge of all Telhio products, services, procedures and compliance regulations as applicable to job responsibilities. Keeps informed of all policy and procedural changes.
4. Takes applications and work up loan requests from a variety of sources, such as member call-ins, non-member call ins, leads from the call center, branch referrals, lobby loans, loans on line, Loan Link and third party bank referrals.
5. Stays current with knowledge of Telhio product offerings including but not limited to overdraft lines of credit, new & used vehicle loans, RV, motorcycle and boat loans, signature loans, personal secured loans, property improvement loans, unsecured loan and lines of credit (LOC), share secured loans, stock secured loans, home equity loans, home equity lines of credit and home equity simultaneous closings loans and lines.
6. Displays team attitude and commitment by providing extraordinary member service.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all member account information and activity.
8. Represents the credit union in a courteous, knowledgeable and professional manner.
9. Accommodates staffing needs by maintaining a flexible schedule.
10. Actively and enthusiastically sells and cross-sells loan and/or savings products and services.
11. Achieves minimum sales goals as established by management.
12. Provides administrative support to the team
13. Works independently with little supervision as well as actively participate in team meetings and events.
14. Responsible for compliance with all required regulations and policies, especially with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies, procedures and regulations.
15. Able to multi-task. Mainly able to take applications and work up loan requests from a variety of sources, such as member call-ins, non-member call ins, leads from the call center, branch referrals, lobby loans, loans on line, Loan Link and third party bank referrals.
16. Knowledge of various loan products to include overdraft lines of credit, new & used vehicle loans, RV, motorcycle and boat loans, signature loans, personal secured loans, property improvement loans, unsecured loan and lines of credit (LOC), share secured loans, stock secured loans, home equity loans, home equity lines of credit and home equity simultaneous closings loans and lines.
17. Performs other duties as assigned or required to ensure member service standards are met.
18. Individual in this position may be pulled to work in another department / branch and perform other duties at anytime and as business needs require.
|Qualifications:|| Must be registered and with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.|
Possess a minimum of 1 year experience as MSR II or similar position in another sales or banking institution.
Possess a minimum of 1 year loan processing including auto, equity, and banking product sales (in-side).
Call center background preferred
A background in mortgages processing/ sales preferred.
Must be able to multi-task
Must have effective communication skills (oral and written)
Strong organizational skills to provide a high level of accuracy on all transactions
Has ability to work independently with little supervision as well as actively participate in team meetings and events
Possess team attitude and professionalism
Strong computer and data entry skills along with ability to operate standard office equipment such as copier, calculator,10-key/adding machine.
Must successfully complete the Telhio training course
Notary Public designation preferred
High School graduate or G.E.D.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, you will need to have good manual dexterity as well as speaking and hearing ability. This position requires sitting; some reaching; standing; some stooping or kneeling. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. It is expected that the employee will read, compile, compute and record numerical and statistical data.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.